Mentor Expedition Designs and Libraries
The following summarizes the import functionality:
- In Xpedition, a PCB design or library does not exist as a single file, but rather, as a structure of interdependent folders and files. Altium Designer's importer requires the entire folder/file structure to be intact to successfully import a PCB or library.
- To import a PCB design file, select the
*.pcb file in the design structure's top level folder. To import a library file, select the
*.lmc file in the library's top level folder.
- The strategy for application of design rules is completely different between Altium Designer and Xpedition. Because of this, Altium Designer's PCB design import process does not translate Xpedition PCB design rules. Instead, all of the Xpedition rule definitions are clearly enumerated in a section of the
*.log file. The user can then examine this list and create appropriate rules in Altium Designer.
- Problems during import are detailed in the
*.log file report.
Importing Mentor Expedition Design Files
Click Add to choose which Xpedition design files to include in the process. You can delete a selected file by clicking Remove.
Importing Mentor Expedition Library Files
Click Add to choose which Xpedition library files (*.lmc) to include in the process. You can delete a selected file by clicking Remove.
Current User Layer Mappings
If desired, you can edit the layer mapping for any or all Xpedition PCB designs or library files on this page of the Wizard. To group by a column, drag the column header into the area at the top of the table specified.
Right-clicking in the grid region provides you with a sub-menu where you can:
- Load Layer Mapping – select to open the Load Configuration dialog to load the desired mapping files.
Save Layer Mapping – select to open the Choose File to Save Layer Mapping dialog and choose the path in which to save the layer mapping.
Right-clicking in the grid region gives access to the same menus and sub-menus as clicking the Menu button.
Use this page of the Wizard to review the output project structure and specify the output directory in which to import the files. Use the Browse Folder icon to search for and choose the Output Directory.
Executing Import Process
On this page of the Wizard, a green progress bar shows the progress of the import process while also listing each file at the process continues.
Closing the Wizard
The Mentor Expedition Import Wizard has completed. Click Finish to close the Wizard.