Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to import a drill file into the current document.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the File » Import » Drill command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Import/Export Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
After launching the command, the File Import - NC Drill dialog will appear. Use the dialog to locate and select the required drill file(s). Multiple files can be selected if necessary.
After clicking OK, the Import Drill Data dialog will appear, from where you can specify start units, shape/default hole size and gain access to the Tool Table dialog.
Setup import options as required and click OK - the drill data will be imported and the Tool Table dialog will be updated accordingly with the individual tools.
- Each drill file contains tool numbers for each drill bit, and X and Y locations for each instance that bit is used on the board.
- Clicking the Units button in the Import Drill Data dialog will open the NC Drill Import Settings dialog, from where you can specify exactly the starting units in terms of digits, units, type, and zero suppression.
- The CAMtastic Editor imports ASCII drill files only. When NC Drill data has been generated from the PCB Editor, the file used has the extension .TXT. This file will be loaded automatically into the CAMtastic Editor after generation, if the Open outputs after compile option is enabled, on the Options tab of the Options for Project dialog.