Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to add an epoxy bar between all occurrences of a selected flashed pad-pair combination, in the current document.
This command is accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by choosing the Tools » SMT Stencil » Add Epoxy Bars command from the main menus.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a small square and you will enter epoxy bar addition mode. The procedure involves the following sequence of actions:
- Select an initial pair of flashed pads. Simply position the cursor above each pad in this initial pair and click.
- Right-click to access the Add Epoxy Bars dialog. Use this dialog to:
- Define the width and height of the epoxy bar, in relation to its position between the two pads.
- Choose to have the resulting epoxy bars drawn on the same layer, a new layer or any one of the existing layers in the current document.
- Various other conversion options are available from the dialog, including the ability to set a flash tolerance - when searching pad-pairs for a match with the initial selected pad-pair - and whether to keep old pads, or delete them completely.
- After defining the options as required, clicking OK will return you to the main design window and you will be prompted to select the entire area to be considered for conversion. Simply drag a selection box around the whole design and then right-click once the area has become selected. The selected objects will be compared against the initial selected pad-pair, and all matches found will have an epoxy bar placed between them.
- Continue adding epoxy bars, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit.
- The Gap Factor of the epoxy bar indicates the width and height of the bar between the two pads. The width is a function of the horizontal distance between the pads (measured from the inside edge in each case). The height is a function of the vertical distance covered by the pads (measured from the top edge of the higher pad, to the bottom edge of the lower pad). Only values between 10 and 100 percent may be entered for these fields.
- If this command is used twice in a single design session, the Add Epoxy Bars dialog will only appear if the initial pad-pair is different to that selected the first time the command was run. Otherwise, it is assumed that you wish to apply the same settings, and you will be prompted to select the conversion area directly.