Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to move selected objects in the current document.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Move command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Editing Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a square and you will enter movement mode. The procedure involves the following sequence of actions:
- Click on the objects that are to be moved, making them selected. Clicking away from an object allows you to drag a selection area, for including multiple objects in the selection. Selection is cumulative.
- When all required objects have been selected, right-click. A bounding box will appear around the selection and you will be prompted to select a reference point. This is a coordinate relative to the selected object(s) and is used to accurately position the selection in the workspace.
- Position the cursor where you wish the reference point to be, and click.
- The bounding box will appear floating on the cursor - held by the reference point. Move the box to the required location in the workspace and click to place. The selected objects will be moved to their new position, relative to this point.
- Continue selecting further objects to move, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit movement mode.
- The command can be canceled at any stage before placement of the bounding box, by pressing Esc.
- When choosing the reference point for the move and also when clicking to place the bounding box, small white crosses will appear. These are reference point markers and can be cleared by using the Refresh command.