Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to copy one or more selected objects and then paste multiple instances of the selection wherever required in the current document.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Copy on Field command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Editing Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a square and you will enter copy mode. The procedure involves the following sequence of actions:
- Select the objects to include in the copy. Simply position the cursor over an object you wish to include in the selection and click. Alternatively, clicking away from an object allows you to drag a selection area, for including multiple objects in the selection. Selection is cumulative.
- Once all required objects are selected, right-click.
- A bounding box will appear around the selection and you will be prompted to select a reference point. This is a coordinate relative to the selected object(s) and is used to accurately position the copies of the selection in the workspace. Position the cursor where you wish the reference point to be and click.
- A copy of the bounding box will appear floating on the cursor - held by the reference point. Move the copy to the required location in the workspace and click to place.
- Continue placing further copies of the selection (rather like using a rubber stamp), or right-click, or press Esc, to exit.
- The command can be canceled at any stage before placement of the first copy of the selection, by pressing Esc.
- When choosing the reference point for the copy, and also when clicking to place copies, small white crosses will appear. These are reference point markers and can be cleared by using the Refresh command.