Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to copy selected objects to one or more layers in the current document.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Layers » Copy to Layers command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Editing Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a square and you will enter copy mode. The procedure involves the following sequence of actions:
- Select the objects to include in the copy. Simply position the cursor over an object you wish to include in the selection and click. Alternatively, clicking away from an object allows you to drag a selection area, for including multiple objects in the selection. Selection is cumulative.
- Once all required objects are selected, right-click. The Select Layers To Copy dialog will appear. Use the dialog to choose the single layer (or multiple layers) to which you wish the selection to be copied.
- After clicking OK, the selection will be copied to the chosen layer(s) and you will return to copy mode.
- Continue selecting more objects to copy, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit.
- The command can be canceled at any stage before the right-click, by pressing Esc. Pressing Esc after the Select Layers To Copy dialog appears will cancel the current selection and return you to copy mode, ready to make a fresh selection.